Kerala Ration Card
A Ration Card happens to be an important document that is government-approved and that allows one to purchase certain necessary items such as food, grains, kerosene, etc. at subsidized rates. Ration cards have been an extremely helpful entity to those who are not well-off financially or to those who belong to the Below Poverty Line or BPL group and find it difficult to purchase any of these items. Furthermore, a ration card also doubles as a proof of identity and address and can be used for various purposes including applying for a domicile certificate, or a voter ID, etc.
Types of Kerala Ration Card
At present, there are two types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card: An individual can apply for a white ration card if he or she is above the poverty line. The white color in a white ration card indicates that he or she is a citizen of India who falls in the “above the poverty line” group.
- Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: These types of ration cards are given to those who are below the poverty line. This ration card helps them in purchasing food items at subsidized rates, which they cannot otherwise afford.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Kerala Ration Card
To apply for a Ration Card, one has to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. They are as follows:
- No one can apply for a ration card on an individual’s behalf.
- No member of your family should have applied for a ration card
- He or she should be a citizen of India.
List of Documents Required to Apply for Kerala Ration Card
To apply for a ration card, one must be able to produce the following documents:
- State Application form
- Identify proof (Election Id, Driving License, Passport, Government Id Card)
- Residence proof (Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement)
- A photograph of the head of the family
- The annual income of the applicant
- Canceled/surrendered ration card if any
How to Apply for a Kerala Ration card:
You can apply for a ration card online as well as offline. Each of the ways is different but easy enough. The methods are given below:
- You can visit the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department Kerala. You can apply for it by providing the required documents and filling the application form. You can then submit the form following which a representative from the department will get in touch with you and help you with the process. If all the documents submitted by you is correct, then the ration card will be sent to your home.
- Various third-party websites will assist you by helping you fill the application form and uploading the necessary documents. You can visit the website and once you submit the form and upload the required documents you will receive the ration card.
- By following a format you can send an SMS to the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in Kerala. You will then receive a message that will tell you to follow the procedure to apply for a ration card. You can find the details of the process on the official website of the Kerala state government.
- You can also find the customer care number on the Kerala government website which will help you with the process.
- You can also visit the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of Kerala along with all the necessary documents and apply for a ration card by submitting the application form and all the necessary documents.
How to Check Kerala Ration Card Application status
- You can check the status of your ration card by visiting the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state
- You can find the option of checking the status of your ration card application status.
- You will either be shown a list that will contain the names of the people who have recently applied for a ration card and the status, or you will have to enter your credentials and log in.
How to Download and Print your Kerala Ration Card online
Once your ration card application has been approved you can download the ration card and print it for future use. Once it has been approved, you will find the option of downloading or printing the ration card. The printed version of the ration card will also contain all the necessary details and you can use it to purchase food items for yourself at subsidized rates.
List of Official Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (PDS Portal)
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli
|Jammu and Kashmir
Apply for Ration Card in the Other States of India
|A & N Islands
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|Jammu & Kashmir
FAQs for Kerala Ration Card
✅ Is there any application fee I will have to pay while applying for Kerala Ration Card?
No, you will not be required to pay any application fee while applying for a Kerala ration card.
✅ What are the other eligibility criteria I will have to fulfill to apply for a Kerala rice card?
Given below are the eligibility criteria you will have to fulfill if you wish to apply for a Kerala rice card:
- Monthly electricity consumption should be less than 300 units
- The applicant or any member of the family must not own any 4-wheeler
- The applicant or any member of the family must not be paying income tax
- A family staying in an urban area with property less than 750 square foot or no property in their name are eligible
- Total landholding should be less than 3 acres of wetland or 10 acres of dry land or 10 acres of both dry and wetland together.
- Should be a domicile of Kerala.
✅ Can I link my Aadhaar to my Kerala ration card?
Yes, you can link your Aadhaar to your ration card.
✅ How much will it take to receive the Kerala ration card after applying for it?
It should not take more than 15 days to receive your Kerala ration card after applying for it.
✅ Can married couples apply for a Kerala ration card?
Yes, married couples can apply for Kerala provided one of the spouses is a domicile of the state.
✅ What is a Ration Card?
Ration Card is a government-approved document that helps people who are below the poverty line in purchasing items at subsidized rates. It also acts as a proof of identity and address and can be used for purposes such as applying for a domicile certificate, voter ID, etc.